73 Yamaha MX

This post is 5248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The carb is clean, It's getting fuel to the carb but won't start, If I put alittle gas on the cylinder if fires instintly, Any thoughts?

Thank You for any help

Bryan

edit I was riding it and it acted as if it were running out of fuel, Yes it has gas lol!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Bryan,

Any chance at all that there is water in carby? I had similar and thought I had cleaned the carby. Seems I didn't blow the jets out properly but like you, could get it going if I put fuel into the cylinder. If all obvious like between the tank and carby is clear and fuel getting down to the carb, I'd pull the carby apart.

If stopped after riding for a bit, could be the fuel is contaminated and you got water in the line.

That's all I got.

Gordo

Pull off the fuel delivery pipe to the carb and check for a good flow rate.

Crank seals might have a bearing too, try spraying WD40 at the seal behind the magneto, if the seals are leaking this can cause hard starting. BTW have you tried a bump start?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online