Engine code 1L6??

cb500t
This post is 5171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

there's a 1L9, never heard of a that one. xs250 only with 3n6

1L9 = XS360

1T6 = XS360

1U6 = XT500

11G = XS1100

1L6 = LB50 :lol:

Thanks for that but its definately an XS twin of 250/360/400 family,it was described as a 360 but it is not round barreled,as I thought it should be.

Thanks for that but its definately an XS twin of 250/360/400 family,it was described as a 360 but it is not round barreled,as I thought it should be.

it'l be a 360 then, round barrels came after the D models and usually were "custom" type of bike!!

it'l be a 360 then, round barrels came after the D models and usually were "custom" type of bike!!

As I'm trying to built a 'period ' type of bike and the round barrels would suit the style bettr,could I substitute round barrels for the square ones?

As I'm trying to built a 'period ' type of bike and the round barrels would suit the style bettr,could I substitute round barrels for the square ones?

yep, but you'll have to use 400 pistons and head/rocker cover.

why not cut the fins? I know it sounds sacrelige, but i recon its do-able

yep, but you'll have to use 400 pistons and head/rocker cover.

why not cut the fins? I know it sounds sacrelige, but i recon its do-able

Head ,rocker cover, barrels and obviously pistons anything else?,I am actually hunting round for alternative pistons to give a capacity nearer the 500cc mark,anyone any 'tips' or well known mods for that?

Head ,rocker cover, barrels and obviously pistons anything else?,I am actually hunting round for alternative pistons to give a capacity nearer the 500cc mark,anyone any 'tips' or well known mods for that?

i posted a few pictures on the forum of a 450cc conversion i borrowed the pikkies off german ebay a few years back. you need to use the search facillity!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online