MT03 NEARSIDE REAR INDICATOR

alpinepi
This post is 5138 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I'm new to this site. I have a 2008 MT03 which I love to pieces as well as three other bikes. I'm an experienced biker but the world's worst mechanic. (I once changed the pads on an NC30, managed to break a disc bolt - £3.49 for a new one! - and then forgot to pump the brakes when I rode it; after fitting the new disc bolt of course. Luckily I hadn't touched the rear brake so was able to come to a halt at the junction with the main road ourside the block I live in! )

I managed to crack the 'stem' of the o/s rear indicator on my MT03 due to the lack of space in my garage. I've got a new one and want to fit it myself as the Yamaha dealers in my area leave a lot to be desired. Viz: when I took it in for its first service the dealer said "We open at 8, bring it in and you'll be on your way by 9". Brought it in at 08.00, nobody turned up until 08.35 and I didn't get the bike back until 13.30. I'n self-employed so that meant now work; no money. If they'd told me it was gong to take 5 hours I would have got the tube home, done some work and returned. Their excuse was that they had other bikes "on the ramp". They've lost me as a customer. I ordered the part from another dealer and waited 6 weeks for it after they'd promised it in a week and said they'd call me when they got it oin. Another dealer I will not be patronising.

So, how easy is it for a numpty like me to fit the new indicator? The 'stem' is fixed to the bike with two allen bolts and the new part has two wires coming out of it with connectors on their ends. So obviously I undo the two allen bolts. Then? Will ther wires pop out if I give it a tug? And er, (I said I was a numpty) where do the new wires plug in?

Oh, if anybody knows of a good Yamaha dealer in the NW London area please let me know.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi i dont have that bike u have but it sounds the same as mine u have the 2 bolts holding it on the wire has its own connector plugged into the bike, u cant just undo the bolts and yank it u will have to trace it back and unplug it u may have to remove a fairing if u cant see the end connector. On ur new indicator look at the length of the cable that will give u an idea how far under/back it goes and how to undo the connector. I'm no expert i do everything slowly and carefully look at how it comes apart to be able to put it back together, i hope someone can advise u exactly. Good luck (I'll ask around and see if there are any london dealers that people recommend on 1 of the forums i use)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online