My ass is killing me!

Pete
This post is 7341 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

No, I haven't been to a Honda Rally either! :lol:

And the wife's got even more ailments......her ass, leg, back, and neck is killing her!

Reason for the grief: We did a 180 mile round trip on the XT today...from Llandod to Haverfordwest to see "Dai the Deal" in Garland & Griffiths.

Now I love the XT, but anything more than short runs is physically hard going, particularly on the wife. It's now reached the point where she can't do more than about 50 miles on it without pain. I even had to stop on the way back for her to take Ibuprofen.

Anyway Dai Garland offered me a new 54 plate V-Strom 650 for £1700 plus the XT.....which is quite attractive considering the XT only stands me £2700....and a new V-Strom is normally £5150 otr.

It's a case of damned if I do and damned if I don't! :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you should go for it pete, that sounds a pretty good deal! who cares about brand loyalty, if the bike suits you and the wife, buy it.

Yeah go for it we won't hold it against you. I for one kinda know how your wife feels I broke my back in a horse riding incident when I was a kid and I get grief bigtime from it if I have to go on long journeys. Strangely it's worse in a car though!

....err...I don't mind if you hold it against me you know! :oops:

:roll:

Go for it Pete, the deal sounds very fair. The Suzuki has a good, proven engine and it's big and comfy. Like I've always said Suzukis are good bikes and their build quality is, nowadays, as good as Honda and Yamaha+they have the BEST gearboxes and fuel injection. Only one draw back - very short serice intervals, which you will have to keep to for your warranty.

Just think! All that plastic to polish and no spokes to clean :lol:

But would having a bad ass be accepted as an excuse for Suzuki ownership?

[x] There's NO excuse for Suzuki ownership

If you like it, it's your choice. You could either sacrificwe a good bike for pain, or be a hypocritical wanker. Well, your halfway to getting the bike...

Wanker :wink:

be a hypocritical wanker. Well, your halfway to getting the bike..

watch who yer talking to boy! :twisted: pete is da man 8)

no but having a suzuki is an excepted excuse for having a bad ass

N.. :lol::lol::lol:

I think you mean ACCepted

women :roll:

teach her a thing or two could ya scraped? :lol: :wink:

Look I burned out my brain cells working out how to post my pets in the gallery :oops:

watch who yer talking to boy! :twisted: pete is da man 8)

N.. :lol::lol::lol:

teach her a thing or two could ya scraped? :lol: :wink:

Don't worry Alan...when he turns up at a WSaTC meet, me and the guys are gonna throw him in the river and/or rub his face in sheep shit for being an annoying little twat! 8)

if you like the bike pete and it suits you down to the ground then go for it, you've said it yourself you dont normally keep your bikes for very long so no doubt something else will pop up real soon. :lol:

I really am in a bit of a predicament.

I don't really want to buy a brand new bike, especially this time of the year.

But the ludicrous part ex value they'll give me means that the difference I'd be paying for a new one would be the same amount as I'd be paying for a second hand one elsewhere.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online