2001 black DTR stolen

escie
This post is 5253 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had my dtr stolen from my girlfriends after leaving it in a locked parking zone over night. They came lifted over fence and pushed in half a mile through a field to steal it :(:(:(. was just going to nip home at about 10:30 instead i went and locked up and stayed! its in the middle of no where. im very sad was my first bike (or motor vehicle for that matter) and i know i wont find one like it again.

i bought it for 950 and it was a wreck. fixed it up mint only just really got it running perfect after purchasing at the end of january.

im round the midlands DY postcode area. Bike reg WX51 LXN with dep pipe otherwise just standard black. i know its lost though =[.

another query any advice on insurance claim would be much appreciated. i think its value was far more than i paid for it etc

Thanks alot a very sad Samuel

24050_1351575183018_1040535335_1040265_4996333_n.jpg

24050_1351576223044_1040535335_1040266_7232804_n.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats real sh1t news-no wonder your gutted m8, you might as well resign yourself to never seeing it again-unless plod confiscates it off the low life who stole it riding round an estate somewhere :(

what a bunch of bus wankers! hope the bike is recovered soon.

what a bunch of bus wankers! hope the bike is recovered soon.

i doubt it will get recovered but i hope so :) gna be pretty tough to find a replacement and i need transport. any recommendations for that sort of money if i cant get my hands on a dt :)

was thinking rs125 or a mito but id like to stay yamaha if i can!

i know what you mean thats same with my bike i need to get about, check on bike trader im some something decent will turn up on there.

Sorry to hear this escie. Hope it turns up for you. :( Keep an eye out on any local wasteland, parks etc.

ty im pretty sure ill never see it again though def wasnt kids who took it. they took all my gfs dads alloy wheels 4 sets. he runs a business off his land so think they just saw the bike n thought bonus. b&stards :( :X

Sorry to hear escie, this country is full of lowlife scum it seems. Just been through the same back in march so i feel your pain.

On the insurance issue, its good you over insured it though. Tbh i can't see it being to hard to find a replacement DTR, but with the time of year you will be paying top price unless you are lucky. Try biketrader , preloved and piston heads websites.

You should find an estimate price for your bike anyway to stop the insurance company trying to rip you off and while your at it search for your next DT.

Keep a list of bikes you see of similar mileage and age as your previous bike to throw at the insurance company should they take the proverbial.

Good luck

Vez.

Sorry to hear escie, this country is full of lowlife scum. Just been through the same back in march so i feel your pain. 

On the insurance issue, its good you over insured it though. Tbh i can't see it being to hard to find a replacement DTR, but with the time of year you will be paying top price unless you are lucky. Try biketrader , preloved and piston heads websites.

You should find an estimate price for your bike anyway to stop the insurance company trying to rip you off and while your at it search for your next DT.

Keep a list of bikes you see of similar mileage and age as your previous bike to throw at the insurance company should they take the proverbial.

Good luck

Vez. 

cheers mate, i want same sort im not as keen on the blue/white ones be nice to get a black one again. if i cant find one my mate has a mito for sale for 600 in tidy condition but meh i dont really want to go away from a dt. i think it was worth 1100/1200 quid as a rough estimate. was in good working order. well thanx and if anyone sees anything leave a message :D

jsut keep an eye out mate it must be near by still being ragged about by someone on some disused land or sumthing :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online