aerox100 carb setting

kishan
This post is 5251 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Main jet = 76

Pilot jet = 44

Starter jet =43

Needle type/position = 3sof (3rd notch from top)

Pilot screw setting = 1 5/8 turns out

Above is my carb setting does anyone know what the numbers represent?its in the workshop manual for my carb but i dont know what the numbers represent :-/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Main jet = 76

Pilot jet = 44

Starter jet =43

Above is my carb setting does anyone know what the numbers represent?its in the workshop manual for my carb but i dont know what the numbers represent :-/

They are the different sizes of the jets

the notch the needle is at and the no. of the needle

and the turns out of the piolet screw from lightly seated all the way in

They are all inside your carb apart from the piolet screw.

thanks :) thats made me understand it more as i need the garage to tune my carb and wasnt sure what them figures meant if i tell them so do the below setting will they understand it? And do you know where i can fidn the correct position of a powervalve on a aerox100 as i think mine is stickin or is semi open insitead of open half way ?

thanks smile.gif thats made me understand it more as i need the garage to tune my carb and wasnt sure what them figures meant if i tell them so do the below setting will they understand it? And do you know where i can fidn the correct position of a powervalve on a aerox100 as i think mine is stickin or is semi open insitead of open half way ?

Yes they will or should understand these settings.

Not all carbs will perform to there best going compleatly on the factory settings, it is a "nack" to get them tuned up propperly. (Good garage required, if not doing yourself).

Not fermilliar with Aerox100 so sorry dont know where the powervalve should be as a factory setting. Me i would have it wide open. Does the powervalve work with the rpm's of the bike or is it just stuck in one place all the time ?

What is wrong with the bike as it is now ?

ok thanks those are the setting from the workshop manual so hopefully will sort it out. the bike is sluggish,reving too high and possibly running too rich or too lean or both so need my carb tuned as it idels are 2500 but once ive gone for a ride it sits at 3K and the rear wheel spins by itself like its accelerating when i put in on the stand ive had a new throttle cable fitted too so dont know if its the throttle cables thats sticking too :-/

ok thanks those are the setting from the workshop manual so hopefully will sort it out. the bike is sluggish,reving too high and possibly running too rich or too lean or both so need my carb tuned as it idels are 2500 but once ive gone for a ride it sits at 3K and the rear wheel spins by itself like its accelerating when i put in on the stand ive had a new throttle cable fitted too so dont know if its the throttle cables thats sticking too :-/

You certanily do need a carb tune.

sluggish---- maybe dirt in the carb

reving to high----idel screw turned up to much

running to rich or lean or both----can only be one or the other, eitherway pilot screw out or in to much

2500k at idel then 3k after spin----both idel and pilot screws are not in harmony with eachother

rear wheel spins on stand---- because it is overreving and wants to move off

You need to tell the garage-man of any mods done to the exhaust or the air box as this will be needed to reset the carb, also ask him to look out for any wear in the needle's or there seat's, and tell him that you think the powervalve is sticking.

Hope this helps

thansk for that info mate im hoping to get a service done end of this month or beginging of june when i have the cash :)