Tzr125 old and new

cidtheratboy
This post is 5249 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've been thinking about getting a 170cc athena bore kit for a 89 tzr125. The kit is designed for the 96 plus bike, but i'm not convinced the cylinders are different from the old and new bike. I've been checking part numbers and the only difference is the 3 letter model prefix at the start of the part number. Has anybody tryed this already or have any info regarding it? (The kit comes with a new head, so thats not a issue. But the crankcases have different part no.s and revision codes:S)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I've been thinking about getting a 170cc athena bore kit for a 89 tzr125. The kit is designed for the 96 plus bike, but i'm not convinced the cylinders are different from the old and new bike. I've been checking part numbers and the only difference is the 3 letter model prefix at the start of the part number. Has anybody tryed this already or have any info regarding it? (The kit comes with a new head, so thats not a issue. But the crankcases have different part no.s and revision codes:S)

what are the part numbers?

what are the part numbers?

4FU-11311-00 for the new bike

and

2RH-11311-00 for the old..

Best i can figure the 4fu and 2rh are the bike models, the 11311 relates to the part(cylinder in this case) and the double nout is the revision number of said part.

These are the yam part no.s not the aftermarket jobby i was looking at that part no. is for the kit. Athena VZ60206

4FU and 2RH models use totally different engines. 2RH now pretty Jurassic cast-in liner, 4FU has plated cylinder.

Parts not at all interchangeable.

Better off buying a 4FU; will do 100mph derestricted !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online