sr 125 how do you take off seat?

nathand15
This post is 4822 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just got my first bike, it is a Yamaha SR 125 2000, I have started it a few times and now the battery is dead, how do I get the seat off to get to the battery? Thanks Please help!

bump start it if your desparate ( in 2nd gear)

There should be two bolts on either side of the seat at the rear , look underneath you should be able to see them.. 10mm if i remember, you will have to get a spanner behind and a spanner on the front for removal :D

• 8 months later...

My gf's SR just had the same problem:

Take off both side panels, LHS pulls straight off with firm but gentle force, RHS has one 10mm bolt.

Unscrew the piece of plastic on the RHS to reveal the positive battery terminal.

Using a 10mm socket, or a screw driver, take off the positive battery terminal.

Disconnect the drain tube (RHS, it pulls off easily).

Use a screw driver to unscrew the negative terminal on the LHS. It's a bit tricky as you have to navigate through a few cables and components.

Battery should then slide out from the RHS.

The seat can stay on, but if you need to take it off, there's a 10mm bolt either side towards the back.

Hope this helps.

Steve.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online