Replacing a rectifier.

Tim158
This post is 5261 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The garage reckons the rectifier on my YBR125 is knackered, as it's been blowing fuses and now they say the headlight's gone as well. I've found some rectifiers for about 40 quid, but does anybody know where it's located on the bike or how easy it is to fit? It seems to have screw holes in the part, would any tools be required?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wouldn't go bolting in any old unit unless you knew for sure it will work correctly with your bike. even something as simple as a plug being wrong can cost to sort.

yes you will need basic hand tools. And a multimeter to check that the bike is charging correctly after you have replaced the unit. not difficult but you need some gear and knowledge.

The garage reckons the rectifier on my YBR125 is knackered, as it's been blowing fuses and now they say the headlight's gone as well. I've found some rectifiers for about 40 quid, but does anybody know where it's located on the bike or how easy it is to fit? It seems to have screw holes in the part, would any tools be required?

im not to sure about the ybr125 but the ones iv come across are normally a bolt that runs through the middle with a couple of wiers attached and a normal connector then there are about 2 bolts holding it to the frame.

not sure where its located but its normally close to the battery and starter solenoid probs under the seat.

dont spend money on a second hand one unless u know for sure that it works 100%!!!!!!

there are so many ppl out there selling their broken one as working cause u wont know till u put it in and try it .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online