Best Bike Alarm Ever

2 Wheels
This post is 5219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What you will need:

Fishing line

A tiny little lead weight

Some u hook's or equizelent

An old fashion alarm clock--- the ones with the ringing bells on top of them

A battery---12v is best

Two pieces of copper wire---stripped at each end

A loud horn---eg truck horn

How it workes:

1) Bike parked up for the nite, now tie one end of the fishing line to something solid like fenceing post.

2) Start to souround the bike with the fishing line using the u hooks, feeding the line through the u hooks

3) The line must not get caught or snaged on anything from the time it leaves the tied end at the fencing post

4) When bike has been sourounded once with the line it now heads towards the alarm clock

5) The clock must be held solid so that it cant be knocked over

6) The tiny little lead weight is now put on the line just before the clock

7) The link is now tied to the trigger on the clock that sets off the alarm

8) On the back of the clock there is a wind-up thingy to whitch you attach the two ends of the stripped copper wires

9) The other ends go to the battery and the truck horn, you'll figure that out very fast

10) Your bike alarm is now set and ready for use

What sets it off:

Once the fishing line that is sourounding your bike is pulled or disturbed the alarm clock gets trigered and starts to ring, while it is ringing the wind-up thingy at the back of the clock is turning and once it turns half a turn the copper wires toutch--compleating the circuit to the truck horn whitch blasts out very loud. This all takes only a couple of seconds and is very effective.

The fishing line cant be seen at night so your thief is sure to hit it. Even if he does see it and decieds to cut it then the little lead weight will drop down and pull the trigger that sets off the alarm clock and then the horn.

The down sides to this is that the alarm clock, battery and horn need to be hidden away somewhere in the garden so the thief cant find them and disconect anything. Also if the weather is very windy it can sometimes set the alarm off.

I have tryed this at home and it workes very well. I have taken pic's to but my camera is playing up and seems to be stuck and wont do anything.

Try this out yourself and see how you get on,,,,, might stop the thieving cunt from making off with your bike !!!!!!!! Hope it helps someone

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

and if the cats trigger it?

A yes, forgot to say the line should be at waist height to avoid animals.

God help the cat or dog when you run out and clobber him with a big bat laugh.gif

These are a little less hassle, and even when you know it's going off, you find a little extra in your underwear!

http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/ALARM_MINES.htm

I have two of them 'protecting' my back fence (it's an open field and the scum have tried this way before). If you put a plastic plant pot over the top (with the holes taped up) it makes for an awesome effect and keeps the alarm dry... :o

Sigh..... civilians, eh!

I love whenever something 'new', 'innovative' and 'amazing' comes on the civvy market. Guaranteed, the military have had it for decades.

SatNav? Issued to the boys in Iraq.

GoreTex? Issued to the troops in The Falklands.

Shotgun Blank Alarms?

We get given Claymores!!

:lol:

nice one lol thought about something similar for the thieving b*****ds that have been nicking me fence!

but i like the idea iv had in my head for a while an electric fence like the ones u use to keep horses

then ul be woken up by the screams of the thieves! :D then drift back to a gentle sleep knowing that they have learned there lesson :D

• 2 weeks later...

dont fart about with unreliable alarms.i bought three english bullterriers they work without fail every time.laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Yeah, alarms = waste of time and money, cause more aggro then they solve.

But a bloody funny idea though :lol:

I use a shotgun blank firer at shows, push it in the ground under the bike, attach the wire to the stand - cover with some empty beer cans/campsite rubbish.

Oh and don't set it too close to your tent.You could end up deaf and have your bike dropped on top of you as as they panic! :unsure:

Yeah, alarms = waste of time and money, cause more aggro then they solve.

You mean immobilisers...

Alarms are good.

Alarms piss everyone else off and get ignored... but they do let ME know if someone's messing with my bike.

And if I know someone is messing, I am straight out there with sword and big sticks and all sorts of nasty stuff, with my other half just behind me likewise armed.

Dogs can be deterred. I can't!!

Dogs can be deterred. I can't!!

hmm you may have a point there.unsure.gif

• 4 weeks later...

A yes, forgot to say the line should be at waist height to avoid animals.

God help the cat or dog when you run out and clobber him with a big bat laugh.gif

Hahaha i dont think even god could help it then :L

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online