could use some input

troj4nm4n
This post is 5264 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i was out on my 81 Yamaha xj650 , when it started acting funny , loss of power , sputtering ect , seemed VERY hot , letting her cool down for awhile and ill check it later , pulled the plugs and all 4 are burning normal , not wet and oily , anything else i should check ? thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry i'm not familiar with the specific bike, Has something come loose, check exhaust connections, is the exhaust corroded and blowing anywhere ? is it a points ignition system, maybe new point and capacitor (condenser) are needed, also check ignition timing.

waited a few hrs and checked everything again , oil was very low , added some and let her cool down and everything seems to be back to normal , good idle and the sound is strong again , i used to work on my little 150cc scooter , and traded it for the bike , 08 scoot for a 81 bike lol , cant go wrong , the bike seems to be built like a tank , thanks 4 the help