1974 tx500 handlebars

ben-ppka
This post is 5263 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently bought a well kept tx500 off an old man for 500 bucks. Never owned a motorcycle but have rebuilt ford engines and my dad and i restored two 69 mach 1's so thought i'd try my hand with motorcycles. So I bought this thing in good condition bought a manual, took apart the engine, rebuilt the carbs, and it runs great. The question is I want to put some new handle bars on it, but dunno what the sizing is. Will 1 in or 7/8 fit? Will both fit?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

7/8ths only.

Sounds like a fun project.

It has been. I enjoy working on cars and have always wanted a bike. Saw this one for sale middle of no where on the side of the road. Came back by the next week. The older gentleman kept it in a barn and only rode it to work. For being 36 the rust is minimal and the engine is in fine shape. I do need to know one more thing. I have read where yamalube is what a lot of people are running in their tx and that it helps with the over heating issue as well as wet clutch. Should I switch over to yamalube. I am not using synthetic just good ole dinosaur blood right now. will post some pictures as soon as I get a little work done.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online