Calling all IT technicians!

AndyDtr08
This post is 5263 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So i have a powermac G4 MDD. I bought another HD to put in my mac as ive run out of room. The new hard drive has different connectors to the IDE ribbon. The one thats in there appears to have a brown end over the connectors. Maybe an adapter? Do you put adapters on the end of the hard drive? If so what are they called and where do you get them? This is the HD im trying to fit!

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/picture0041q.jpg/

http://img219.imageshack.us/i/picture0031ni.jpg/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i know macs are dead annoying when it comes to parts but have u tried pc world?

even if they dont stock the part they will 9 times out of ten order them in for u, just take ur new hd in and tell them what computer uv got and they will sort it for u, either that or try maplin.co.uk they do loads of stuff like that.

but i think ul find that uv bought a pc hard drive which dont fit, cause apple like u to buy there branded products instead of the cheaper pc ones.

good luck.

ps just make sure u set ur master and slave on the hd otherwise ul have conflict problems

hi i know macs are dead annoying when it comes to parts but have u tried pc world?

even if they dont stock the part they will 9 times out of ten order them in for u, just take ur new hd in and tell them what computer uv got and they will sort it for u, either that or try maplin.co.uk they do loads of stuff like that.

but i think ul find that uv bought a pc hard drive which dont fit, cause apple like u to buy there branded products instead of the cheaper pc ones.

good luck.

ps just make sure u set ur master and slave on the hd otherwise ul have conflict problems

Thanks ill give them a try!

What is setting the master and slave?

Thanks ill give them a try!

What is setting the master and slave?

ok are u putting 2 hd in ur comp? if so ul need to set the one thats in there as master and the new one as slave otherwise the comp wont load up.

on the hd have a look at the connectors u should have another group of connectors with a piece of plastic linking a couple of prongs. have a look on the hd and it should say somethin like mas, sla, ect. just moove the plastic to either the mas (master) or sla (slave) to set it.

if ur just putting in the new hd then ur gonna have a load of problems as u cant just put in a new hd and go

hope this helps if not just take the comp to pc world and they should b able to explain better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online