Happy Birthday St George

barkwindjammer
This post is 5263 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Happy St Georges day, not it seems celebrated as much as St Andrew (Scotland), St Patrick (Ireland) or St Taffy (Wales, isn't it) which seems a bit of a shame, a friend at work who's English told me its not very PC these days ?, this country has gone to the dogs if its deemed 'not PC' to celebrate Christian beliefs :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good stuff Jim.

Well at work (i'm a teacher) i put loads of Crosses of St. George up around the part of the school i work in (as i always do) and it was 100% well received.

Occasionally people say that it has facist connatations (idiot lefty, pc types)and my response is they have deeply offended me - it's great watching them backtrack or try to excuse themselves. I once had someone did try to educate me and tell me St.G. was turkish, which of course i already knew, i then proceeded to tell them that most Saints were appropriated by those who most valued their actions and shocked them by telling them St. Patrick was British (probably English, from Cumberland), and laughed when they didn't believe me.

God Bless England and all her friends and Allies.

Happy St Georges day, not it seems celebrated as much as St Andrew (Scotland), St Patrick (Ireland) or St Taffy (Wales, isn't it) which seems a bit of a shame, a friend at work who's English told me its not very PC these days ?, this country has gone to the dogs if its deemed 'not PC' to celebrate Christian beliefs :blink:

Yep gets right up my nose, the only flag we can't fly is our own in case we upset someone.

Wankers, what about upseting our own people.

St Andrews day is a big knees up in Scotland, same with St Patrics day. Big party everything goes green big celebration by everyone remotely Irish no matter how tenuous.

Numerous races and beliefs walk around this country displaying their faith and customs proudly. I put my English flag up in the back of my cab this morning, hadn't finished my paperwork before i had to take it down (Till i was out of the gate).

well i decked out my work with st Georges flags and did a menu to complement. wore my badge with honour.

a few said what's with all the st georges cross and i soon told them.

doing my bit on sunday when i lead the st george's day parade with the district scouts!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online