CT1 or CT2?

Moshpitmickey
This post is 5264 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a yamaha with a production sticker that shows manufactured in 08/72. The first three numbers on the engine are CT1. I have always assumed it was a CT2 but recently noticed the CT1 on the engine. Any idea which one it is so I can start getting a few parts?

Thank you,

Mick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On a 72 bike the designation CT1 or CT2 actually refers to the engine, CT1 has an engine with 5 transfer ports with no reeds and the CT2and CT3 has 7 with reeds. Although people used to fit the reedblock and carb from the 7 port engine. Its been on here a few times.

Problem being they all start with CT1 for the 175 in the chassis/engine prefix as far as i'm aware up to around 75/76 so you need to look more closely at the actual engine/frame number.

If you post the engine number, less the last 3 or 4 digits then we should be able to narrow it down for you.

Oh and welcome to the mad house..... :blink::o:blink::P

The numbers are as follows: CT1-112928. I did see somewhere on google that a number starting with 1 was actually a CT3. Anyway, thanks for replying and for any help. I am only the 2nd owner and only 3300 miles. It's been sitting inside for over 30 years. Unfortunately gas was left in the tank and I'm having a ball getting it cleaned up.

If you post the engine number, less the last 3 or 4 digits then we should be able to narrow it down for you.

The numbers are as follows: CT1-112928. I did see somewhere on google that a number starting with 1 was actually a CT3. Anyway, thanks for replying and for any help. I am only the 2nd owner and only 3300 miles. It's been sitting inside for over 30 years. Unfortunately gas was left in the tank and I'm having a ball getting it cleaned up.

CT1-112928, ok Looking at this you could have a CT3 cant see them making 12000 of em though. I'll see if i can't track down some better details.

CT1 Year: 1971 CT1-000101

CT1B Year: 1970 CT1-010101

CT1C Year: 1971 CT1-200101/CT1-032101

CT2 Year: 1972 CT1-065101

CT3 Year: 1973 CT1-100101

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online