rear wheel bearings for the '77 XS360-2D

G-man
This post is 5126 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Howdy y'all, hoping somebody could help me out with my rear wheel bearings dilemma. I ordered an aftermarket set from Bikebandit (and before that, I also crossed-referenced it with All Balls, the manufacturer) that they said matches my bike. Well, they don't.

What I got from Bikebandit is a set of 2 identical bearings, whereas my bike has 2 different sized bearings for each side of the wheel hub, neither of which matches what Bikebandit sent me.

On my bike, on one side of the wheel hub, 17x47x14. On the other, 17x52x15. I only found out the exact sizes after hammering the old bearings out of the wheel. So now, the ol' girl is sitting in the garage with it's rear tire off, and a sad look on it's face. :(

Anyone else had to deal with this? After looking around online, it appears that 17x52x15 is an oddball size for a bearing. Perhaps this is a wheel from another bike, or something was customized on the hub? Bike bandit does show that they carry OEM bearings for that bike, but now I don't know if that would fit the wheel that's on my bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why not try the actual new old stock part if they cheap enough?

maybe you can try #13 here (or 11?/both?, not sure):

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1977/XS360-2D/REAR%20WHEEL/parts.html

Can google/ebay the part # if can find cheaper.

Maybe post a pic of yer wheel here and someone can confirm if its an XS wheel

if you can read the international bearing reference on your old bearings, get them from a local bearing stockists. don't forget there is a mushroom spacer on the side of one bearing which needs to be drifted out!!

part # 93306-30417 = b6304z

part # 93306-30309 = b6303z

if you can read the international bearing reference on your old bearings, get them from a local bearing stockists. don't forget there is a mushroom spacer on the side of one bearing which needs to be drifted out!!

part # 93306-30417 = b6304z

part # 93306-30309 = b6303z

Hey Drews, how goes it. You mean the spacer in the hub, between the two bearings? I didn't notice anything else there.

Army, I'm hoping to avoid the long delay as a new set of bearings arrives, only to not fit yet again. I'm gonna ask the Bikebandit guy to contact whoever he gets the OEM stuff from, have them give him the dimensions of those bearings he's listing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online