Another Newb

Rural Guy
This post is 5267 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I've just purchased a "1984" (Mfr date on frame says 4/83) Maxim 400 with 6800 km. I've done the basic tune up work and put on new tires. The mechanic I had it at said it looks great but there's normal wear and tear on the rubber parts, cracking, fading, etc. I'm not very handy but I'm hoping to learn a bit with this bike to get familiar with some basic things.

Me, I'm 30, new to bikes. Took a couple of safety courses last year and got my M2. I live near Ottawa.

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Failte; Rural Guy to the YOC cool.gif

Hope you enjoy your stay!

You will learn alot on here and if you fancy getting your hands dirty on your bike you'll learn alot about your bike.

:welcome: mike

good bikes to learn the basics on and there's plenty of other owners willing to chip in as well ;)

Thanks all. That's one of the reasons I was drawn to this forum, looks like a helpful and friendly group. I've been doing a lot of reading and have several threads book marked already. No doubt I'll have lots of questions but hopefully I'll remember to search first!

Mike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online