ignition

Bosse
This post is 5270 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

rd125lc ignition vs dt125lc ignition?

I'm thinking of putting on an ignition from a rd on my dt any benefits?

None that i know of. They both make about the same power in about the same way. Why bother? They are both CDi.

None that i know of. They both make about the same power in about the same way. Why bother? They are both CDi.

ok thanks some other ignition that fit which is better for my bike?

the ignition is ok upp to 9500rpm then no more power need a better ignition(autisa170cc)rd 40 degress at 3000rpm dt 30 degress at 3000rpm

ok thanks some other ignition that fit which is better for my bike?

the ignition is ok upp to 9500rpm then no more power need a better ignition(autisa170cc)rd 40 degress at 3000rpm dt 30 degress at 3000rpm

Ahhh right, the dreaded big bore. You cannot just bang the different ig on for more revs, 2 strokes don't work that way. The carb and pipe on a DT are designed to give a better mid range than the rd. Megga rpm will kill it quick too. The extra mass of the bigbore piston will also put extra stresses on your bike.

You will be quicker if you go up a couple of teeth on the front and maybe even drop a few off the rear, then shift in the torque of the bigbore, ride the midrange and you will have a bike flexible enough to murder an RD on a twisty B road. If you are trying to catch them on the bypass, don't waste your time.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online