yzf 750 r

richq
This post is 5272 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

bought 98 californian import its is a genuin 98 and has no tps..american market.. Been told by a good mechanic who spent alot of time with problem on this bike. He feels its sure its ecu after going just about everything with fuel,carbs,jetting, coils,extr..... extr..has anyone tried changing an ecu and will they work on different models..(think this is gonna be a nightmare)it starts fine runs fine with choke,then choke off runs like a dream for ten mins then misses like a pig at low revs. higher revs its fine but will stall at junctions once been running 15 mins...cheers Rich

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

bought 98 californian import its is a genuin 98 and has no tps..american market.. Been told by a good mechanic who spent alot of time with problem on this bike. He feels its sure its ecu after going just about everything with fuel,carbs,jetting, coils,extr..... extr..has anyone tried changing an ecu and will they work on different models..(think this is gonna be a nightmare)it starts fine runs fine with choke,then choke off runs like a dream for ten mins then misses like a pig at low revs. higher revs its fine but will stall at junctions once been running 15 mins...cheers Rich

there a couple of guys on exup1000.co.uk, who might sell you an ecu. To me it sounds like worn needle jets (this family of bike suffer from them wearing out). What happens is the needle rattles in the bore of the jet, and as the jet is brass wears it into an oval, this results in over-fueling, giving the symptoms you are indicating. The other thing it could be, happened to me with my FZR1000 was a coil breaking down, it would test good, run ok at certain revs but fail at middle revs, under load (that was a pig to diagnose). Trouble is it sounds like your mechanic has looked at all this stuff, so who knows?

there a couple of guys on exup1000.co.uk, who might sell you an ecu. To me it sounds like worn needle jets (this family of bike suffer from them wearing out). What happens is the needle rattles in the bore of the jet, and as the jet is brass wears it into an oval, this results in over-fueling, giving the symptoms you are indicating. The other thing it could be, happened to me with my FZR1000 was a coil breaking down, it would test good, run ok at certain revs but fail at middle revs, under load (that was a pig to diagnose). Trouble is it sounds like your mechanic has looked at all this stuff, so who knows?

cheers..mechanic checked all the carbs stuff with previous owner and ive done the same. It really looked like pilot jets but it runs fine untill its warm then just runs like a pig at low revs.Get above 4,ooo cool as peguin piss. Never had an ecu go but mechanic said he just couldnt think what else it could be..will try exup1000.co.uk ..ta

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online