Try again... FZ600 Track Bike?

Syscrush
This post is 7333 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A good friend of mine (The guy who got me into RD's 8) ) also used to race an FZ600 for a stint......I pitted for him & we went as far to remove the electric starter for a fair amount of (Noticable)weight savings 8)

Really all we had to do to the bike was Number plates & safety wire :wink:

Like I said on the Original Thread, they're an absolute pleasure to work on, & are well up to the chore of some Thrashin' on the Track :tu

Thanks for the info and encouragement. I think it'll make a fun machine to practice on and refine my skills at the track.

I am wondering, though, if there are specific shortcomings of the bike that should be addressed. I assume that the forks are as bad as other 80's entry-level hardware. What are the other weak links? What kind of power should I expect with a yosh pipe, pod filters, and stage 3 jet kit?

Thanks,

I am wondering, though, if there are specific shortcomings of the bike that should be addressed.  I assume that the forks are as bad as other 80's entry-level hardware.  What are the other weak links?  What kind of power should I expect with a yosh pipe, pod filters, and stage 3 jet kit?

Thanks,

Can't remember for sureaa_3.gif if it came with a fork brace from the factory

.........probably couldn't hurt to put one on though :wink:

As far as power.......taking a stab @ it........somewhere in the 65+hp range :?: :?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online