My dt lost power while driving

Dt_pete
This post is 5268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, im new here,

yesterday i was driving home from work and all of a sudden the bike jus seemed to die, as if it was losing revs radpidly, wen i tried reving it it sounded like it was struggling to tic over and as if it was flooded, so i turned it off, left it a few minutes and tried agen, but still the same. Im not quite sure but i think i touched the clutch leaver up while i was driving without the clutch in, not sure if that would make a difference or not. How ever i changed the 2 stroke oil a few days before. But other than that i dont know what it could be.

Wondering if any of you guys would know cheers,

by the way its a dt125 r on a 03 plate 4k on the clock. Cheers ppl... pete...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Failte: Pete to the YOC cool.gif

Same as Oldgitonabike is asking ????

+ did you notice your temp guage go up any before this happened.

Hi guys found out what it was!!

Only something simple as a spark plug and abit of tuning on the carb. Jus made me panic though. Cheers anyway!! Love the site :)

Its one of the first things to check on a 2 stroke, the plugs have a really hard time and its worthwhile having a good KNOWN plug for emergencies, new ones can be dead right out the box. The one you remove the next time you service the bike, keep it somewhere secure as a get you home measure. Saved me walking more than once.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online