DTr 125 power valve cable..

ross86
This post is 5268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After a few days of riding she has snapped :P which is not that much of an issue for me as the bike will run even better when i find one...i say..where would you find one? :D

Cant source on on ebay as well as the internet shops i have looked in..throttle clutch and break cables seem to be the rage-the only one for a dtr on ebay is for an older version..suggestions would be valued cheers for your time-ross.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After a few days of riding she has snapped :P which is not that much of an issue for me as the bike will run even better when i find one...i say..where would you find one? :D

Cant source on on ebay as well as the internet shops i have looked in..throttle clutch and break cables seem to be the rage-the only one for a dtr on ebay is for an older version..suggestions would be valued cheers for your time-ross.

Any Yamaha dealer, i bought two new ones for around £9.

Thanks:)After replacing the power valve cable she now wont idle or ride unless chock is on...the carb was taken apart and cleaned when it was rebuilt..it has been problem after problem so far :lol: im lost as to what it is now

Thanks:)After replacing the power valve cable she now wont idle or ride unless chock is on...the carb was taken apart and cleaned when it was rebuilt..it has been problem after problem so far :lol: im lost as to what it is now

After replacing THE powervalve cable, whats the other one like and how freely does the pv opperate, and is the motor opperating ok too. It takes a lot of power to bust a cable, more than the little pv motor is really meant for. I would give it more than a cursory look.

the cable had frayed over time causing it to snap-the other one is 100%. i put a new carb on there today which has taken care of the idle issue it now rides without the choke on..i can use it for transport at least the problem now is first and second gear give the expected power delivery but after that its crap.

it used to pull through every gear to 70 and sit there fine today its a struggle to hit 50,when you open it out through the gears the engine behaves and sounds like its stone cold-you know the horrible weak sound, i have adjusted the carb its made no difference...any ideas,thanks

Problem was the "reconditioned carb" was not so clean i got it from a garage so never gave its quality a second thought-lesson learned-sorted that carb ran fine but the power valve was still destroying the bikes power beyond second gear so i have put it in the open position and disconnected it- it now has a poor bottom end yet when the power kicks in its the fastest its ever been infact if id have known i would have done that a long time ago- i am happy job done :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online