Fazer600 Not Charging

Fossie Bear
This post is 5275 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I need your help please - Since a slow speed (30mph ish) spill on either diesel or black ice my battery doesn't want to hold its charge. A reading from a multimeter before charging gives 12.37volts, after charging 13.27, so that's encouraging. The spill might have just been a coincidence but had to have the bike recovered as it just wouldn't turnover - pardon the pun. The battery lasts a couple of pleasure or commuter trips and it needs recharging again Your ideas or thoughts appreciated. Fossie Bear

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I need your help please - Since a slow speed (30mph ish) spill on either diesel or black ice my battery doesn't want to hold its charge. A reading from a multimeter before charging gives 12.37volts, after charging 13.27, so that's encouraging. The spill might have just been a coincidence but had to have the bike recovered as it just wouldn't turnover - pardon the pun. The battery lasts a couple of pleasure or commuter trips and it needs recharging again Your ideas or thoughts appreciated. Fossie Bear

what reading do you get whem the bikes on tickover, the small spill may have dislodged the reg/rect plug,but also could have damaged it in some way,battery looks ok if it charging to 13.27, check your reading when on tickover it should be max 14.50, anything over that and it will be cooking your battery.

My link

...Assuming your multimeter is calibrated. i wouldn't fret over slightly off readings with a cheap one.

If its a wet battery, it still has its electrolyte in it?

A good check to see if the charging is working is does the headlamp brighten up when you rev the engine off idle.

Nothing like winter to kill off a battery, have you used an optimate on it?