Fav Musician......

YamaHead
This post is 7341 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Music is an area that I think we all have common ground with :wink: ......

Now I can't play any instrument to save my life! :oops: .....But I've always been a HUGE fan of people who have Mastered playing the Guitar or the Drums.

So, as the title says......this is My Fav Musician.......Hands Down 8)

joe_outside_resize.jpg

I've seen Satchmo 3 times in concert........the 1st time was Thee Absolute best show I've ever seen 8) I own 7 of his CD's @ the present, & I've got to say that listening to Joe Satriani :hail

Here....have a look & a listen for yourselves :wink: ......

http://www.satriani.com

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm a big fan of great vocalists.

My alltime favourite is Paul Rodgers, and others that I really rate are Ronnie James Dio, Jimmy Barnes, Joe Lyn Turner, Steve Perry, Jimi Jamison, Rob Rock, Lou Gramm, Don Dokken, and Graham Bonnet with his own material cos he fucks up everybody elses.

Bon Scott wasn't a great vocalist as such...but he had more charisma, humour, and stage prescence than anybody before or since.

Guitarists? IMO nobody has ever equalled Hendrix...but people that I do like are Steve Vai, Slash, Neal Schon, Eric Clapton, George Lynch, and Chris Impellitteri.

Drums? Carl Palmer, Ian Paice, Ginger Baker, John Bonham, and Cozy Powell.

Bass? One man stands shoulders above the rest....Jack Bruce.

Greatest voice there's ever been? Sam Cooke!

I don't really have a fav musician, but I do reckon Iron Maiden  :hbang  make good sounds as a group out of their guitars

Just when I think Darren can't say anything more more dimwitted than he's already said, he surpasses himself! :lol:

Just when I think Darren can't say anything more more dimwitted than he's already said, he surpasses himself!  :lol:

I'm just getting started :wink:

I have the musical and vocal talents of the inmates at battersea dogs home so I admire anyone who can get a decent tune out of anything no matter what instument or music type! :lol::lol:

I have the musical and vocal talents of the inmates at battersea dogs home so I admire anyone who can get a decent tune out of anything no matter what instument or music type! :lol:  :lol:

You can come admire my keyboard work anytime :wink:

Guitarists? IMO nobody has ever equalled Hendrix...but people that I do like are Steve Vai, Slash, Neal Schon, Eric Clapton, George Lynch, and Chris Impellitteri.

Satriani literally taught Steve Via how to play :wink: .....along with Kurt Hammet from Metallica 8) ....saw a vid once with an Interview of Satch......he was quoted as saying that What Inspired him most, to become the guitar player that he is today, was back in 1969 the day Hendrix died.......He went to school, told his football coach "I Quit", picked up his guitar & never looked back 8)

Killer Drummer roster there 8) ......but IMO it isn't complete without Neil Peart though :wink:

I'm a big fan of great vocalists.

My alltime favourite is Paul Rodgers, and others that I really rate are Ronnie James Dio, Jimmy Barnes, Joe Lyn Turner, Steve Perry, Jimi Jamison, Rob Rock, Lou Gramm, Don Dokken, and Graham Bonnet with his own material cos he fucks up everybody elses.

Bon Scott wasn't a great vocalist as such...but he had more charisma, humour, and stage prescence than anybody before or since.

Bass? One man stands shoulders above the rest....Jack Bruce.

Greatest voice there's ever been? Sam Cooke!

Ditto,

Thats a very good choice, you just beat the "old classics" and thats a fact!!!

geetars....Zakk Wylde, Ace Frehley, Dimebag Darrell, Mark Knopfler.

Bass....Geezer Butler.

Drums....Tommy Aldridge

Drums....Tommy Aldridge

Mmmm I dunno Neal peart, Nicko McBrain, are pretty dam good too,

And Guitars, dont forget Rhandy Rhoads (RIP Rhandy!) EX Ozzy, Quiot Riot, he was studying for a masters degree in classical Guitar when that unfortunate incident occured!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online