Painting

bertbuckie
This post is 5275 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well.... I think Im going to paint my DT-r 50 SM in the near future..... is it just the same technique as painting a car bodykit? ie sand....sand and sand again ( obviously gradual between coats up to a 2000 grit..... filler plastic primer, sand sand sand, colour coat.....sand, laquer?

I realise its a vague and poor description but is that how you paint the plastics?

Also do you need a booth or can you get away with a wind free warm garage? ( space heater )

After I have done all the fairings I think I might strip her down completely and spray the frame as well - she`s looking a little scabby by the foot pegs!

I have only had this bike a few weeks and the buzz is kicking in already...... she is just a 50 and is anoyingly slow.....however having previously had bigger bikes it brings back happy memories :D

The wife is in dispair already..... she said I was bad enough in a car lol

Bert

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.