Twisted DTR forks

escie
This post is 5248 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

heya :)

Horse pulled my bike over yesterday and now its about 1/4" pulling to the right, whats the best way of straightening my front wheel up again. i had a quick look and there is a massive bolt type thing in the middle do i just loosen that up and get them straight and tighten up again?

Thanks for help :):):):) <3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

heya :)

Horse pulled my bike over yesterday and now its about 1/4" pulling to the right, whats the best way of straightening my front wheel up again. i had a quick look and there is a massive bolt type thing in the middle do i just loosen that up and get them straight and tighten up again?

Thanks for help :):):):) <3

Providing nothing is actually bent, you may have to also slacken the fork clamp bolts to give some free-play before straightening the wheel up.

You could also try by simply wedging the tire against a wall or other solid object and correct it by turning the handle bars, if that makes sense. Its what the guy at the mot station did with mine

thanks for reply vez :)

yeh ill try that then tighten everything up after i guess? its not far out just enough to be annoying.

but the bolt in the middle can be loosed to move them if needs be? or is it the bolts on each fork.

thanks for reply vez :)

yeh ill try that then tighten everything up after i guess? its not far out just enough to be annoying.

but the bolt in the middle can be loosed to move them if needs be? or is it the bolts on each fork.

Just try the bottom 4 bolts on the fork legs (2 on each leg on the bottom yoke) and see how its goes. It should give you enough play to straighten the wheel, you may have to get the bike on a stand and slacken all the bolts (4 on each leg) and the nut on the top if it doesn't give enough.

And yes, tighten everything up again after.

cheers i know it might of been a silly question but i have never done anything mechanical before so :D:D:D:D lol

cheers i know it might of been a silly question but i have never done anything mechanical before so :D:D:D:D lol

No such thing as silly question about bikes imo. Everybody has to start somewhere.  B)

My favorite saying is " Share what you know. Learn what you don't" 

Vez.

did the old straightening against wall thing and think its worked. tried tightening everything up after and well nothing cud be much tigther :/

thanks though :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online