DT175 identification

This post is 5099 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys

Can anyone shed some light on model information please? I've just bought a DT175 mx - it has frame and engine prefix 2KR. I can't remember from my youth the differences between the various models.

This bike has the silver box section swinging arm. Did that come before or after the model with the black tubular swinging arm?

Cheers

Lee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i think it must have come b4. I just picked up a 74 dt 175 myself for a new project. Maybe u can help me i am looking for the book for that model i know that this model is grouped with other class 100, 125 etc. hopefully u can help.

Hi guys

Can anyone shed some light on model information please? I've just bought a DT175 mx - it has frame and engine prefix 2KR. I can't remember from my youth the differences between the various models.

This bike has the silver box section swinging arm. Did that come before or after the model with the black tubular swinging arm?

Cheers

Lee

Your bike sounds like the 80's model. The Box swing arm came after the black tube swing arm(77-79). Here's some pictures of the different models over the years it helps a lot when trying to pinpoint just what year your bike is. http://www.bikepics.com/yamaha/dt175/

i think it must have come b4. I just picked up a 74 dt 175 myself for a new project. Maybe u can help me i am looking for the book for that model i know that this model is grouped with other class 100, 125 etc. hopefully u can help.

Supply some more information or better yet some pictures and I'll try to help you out :D

Your bike sounds like the 80's model. The Box swing arm came after the black tube swing arm(77-79). Here's some pictures of the different models over the years it helps a lot when trying to pinpoint just what year your bike is. http://www.bikepics.com/yamaha/dt175/

Thanks, just what I was looking for. Yes, it's a 1980 model

Do you not mean 2K4 prefix, that covers everything from 78 to 1985 as far as 175cc is concerned. Your frame number should continue from 2K4-020101 if it is a genuine square sw arm model, there were an awful lot converted as the round ones can fail when used hard off road, hence the upgrade.

You should also find the oil tank on the right hand side of the bike with the battery below and the airbox cover on the left.

ame='burton500' date='12 April 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1271076428' post='117315']

Do you not mean 2K4 prefix, that covers everything from 78 to 1985 as far as 175cc is concerned.

Sorry, yes - 2K4 (typo!). I'll have a look at the frame number tonight, as I get the feeling this could be a bit of a mix and match bike! I do have the oil tank on the right hand side with the battery below and the airbox cover on the left.

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online