1976 DT 175

This post is 5141 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

I am getting my 1976 DT 175 back on the road. All is well (believe it or not) except for:

1. Flasher relay - the thing lights up the flashers but will not flash (on and off) - even when revved. Any one know where I can get a replacement? It has three connections; brown, white & brown and black.

2. Petrol tap inner filter if fcuked - replacement needed.

3. (The big one) the petrol tank needs repair - best options? (other than a replacement tank which are as rare as rocking horse shot).

If anyone can help, be much appreciated.

If I can get these sorted I may even put it up for sale.

Thanks.

Pkay

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi PKay,

Depends where you are but you should be able to get a suitable flasher relay from a motorbike shop. With the old parts, some shops are not so good with supply while others have bits that suit the 6v. Maybe I'm lucky but a shop close to home had exactly what I needed and it wasn't expensive.

Haven't had to get a filter for the tank but I reckon you should put a filter in the fuel line anyway and that would probably suffice.

On tank repair, depends on what you need to do. Minor hole or to or a little rust shouldn't be too much of a problem but if it's too stuffed you'd be better off getting it replaced. The DT was relatively common so they are around somewhere.

Hope that helps.

Gordo

Hi Gordo - thanks for that.

Yes, I supose a bike spares shop (or internet) should locate a flasher rely; why didn't I think of that?!

The fuel filter also - just put one in the fuel line - job done!

The tank; as far as I can see (following internet searches) is that there are no replacements available. (Found one in the states but the shipping costs were ridiculous - especially as I couldn't be sure it was the model I need).

So will have to look at repair.

Thanks for the response.

PK