New Diversion

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5278 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just had the XJR1300 in for it's service, and the dealers gave me the choice of three bikes to take home. All of them had less than 200 miles on the clock, there was a R1, R6 and the new 600 Diversion. Now I've been on R1's and 6's before and to be honest they just don't float my boat at all, so I took the Divvy out under the instruction of using some of the fuel and putting some miles on it.

After 40 odd miles I must say that I'm quite impressed with this little bike, sure it's not going to light any fires, it skips about on the rough pot-holed bits but as an entry level bike this is very impressive.

2009-XJ6S-static-08_prv_tcm46-265493.jpg

Having owned a Fazer 600, I can say that I actually prefer the XJ6 to ride, it's comfortable and incredably easy to flow through the corners. The brakes are good, no over sharpness but they stop you just the same.

As a commuter the bike is perfect, good all round vision for traffic, decent weather protection, narrow and a piece of cake to filter with it's smooth delivery of power and light clutch.

On the open road the bike can get you overtaking and reaching the naughty side of 60 in a heartbeat, nothing like as quick as a Fazer but with much less fuss.

Even the looks ar OK, there are lots of cheaper parts, but I guess it's what you expect from an entry level bike. And the short under-belly collector and exhaust pipe look and sound nice and modern.

Under the seat there is more than enough space to stash a set of waterproofs, although the bike lacks any kind of luggage capacity, something you would expect of a commuter bike?

Anyway, thems my thoughts on the bike, if it helsp anyone who's looking.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

good to hear you rate it

i've got the unfaired xj6n model, as has barkwindjammer. Ive had mine since september and i just hit 3000miles this afternoon.

I think its really rather brilliant, and i have quite a few bikes over the years (still got the fzr1000 and the tdm)

a video of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGBt74fvCrc

Amazing little bike-if you dont mind having a stark raving bonkers look on your face everytime you take your lid off :huh::lol:

When I took the bike out of the shop, the owners and both mechanics thought I'd gone mad, turning down spanking new R's for the little commuter, especially as I'd arrived on a 1300cc grumbler.... so I was expecting the bike to be a pile of poo by comparison.

It's bloody comfortable though, and if I thought it was a little tight, the motor that is, it only had a handfull of miles on it. I imaging it will loosen up quite a bit once you get past 6k miles.

Don't like the crazy Yamaha digital fuel gauge though, hate it on the Tenere and it's just as bad on the XJR. They're are as much use as opening the filler cap and sniffing the air inside to guess how much fuel is left!

Oh, and the digital speedo's, they are way too slow to respond - again the Tenere has one and it's rubbish!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online