Yamaha Townmate Oil Change

sladekious
This post is 5297 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here.

This is my first bike, we all have to start somehwere B)

Since I have a car too, my bike has been in the garage since November, but now the weather is nicer, I want to get it out again.

I don't want to just start it and use it as it's 20 years old so I'd rather give her some attention before using her on the road.

I was thinking of change the oil, and replacing the filters, but apparently it doesn't have an oil or air filter that is replaceable?

I'm interested to know what you guys think I need to do to give it some TLC, though prior to going into storage, it'd just passed an MOT with flying colours.

I don't have a haynes, but I'm guessing changing the oil will be pretty simple?

Thanks guys

Jack

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi , It definately does have an air filter so I suggest you do get a Haynes manual . I think the oil filter is behind your sump plug ? not sure so you should find that when you drain it? ( do this with engine hot ) . The air filter is behind one of the side pannels can't remember which side though ,if its in good nick wash carefuly with petrol or white spirit etc ,let it dry then soak in engine oil & squeeze out the excess & just leave damp ,I hope this helps but get manual its 20 year old so you will def need one to keep it running right valve clearances etc etc etc .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online