yzf 750 brakes

alanmacging
This post is 5200 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys Im a newbe to yamaha but ive bought a 1995 yzf 750 r, according to the previous owner it has r1 gold spot calipers . It needs front discs and I dont know if the ones fitted are r1 items or if I can replace them with standard 750 discs, also the bolts holding the discs on are normal allen head bolts and not pan head, is this right? Been looking at black shadow wavy discs, anyone tried these before. thanks Alan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys Im a newbe to yamaha but ive bought a 1995 yzf 750 r, according to the previous owner it has r1 gold spot calipers . It needs front discs and I dont know if the ones fitted are r1 items or if I can replace them with standard 750 discs, also the bolts holding the discs on are normal allen head bolts and not pan head, is this right? Been looking at black shadow wavy discs, anyone tried these before. thanks Alan

should be normal yzf750 fitment disks - this is dictated by the wheel, which is different on the 750 to the R1. Panhead is standard for the disk bolts, i guess as the lower profile creates less turbulence. Also pan-head should provide a bigger 'securing-footprint'.

Be very aware the gold-spot calipers have a tendency to sieze quite easily, as the pistons are alloy to reduce weight. I had some on my EXUP (actually i need to recon them and sell them!!) and they need a regular strip down and clean.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online