R6 Height

Bitripple
This post is 5200 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, dont know if anyone can help... I am lowering my 2007 R6 my aprox 30mm drop. By my not very mechanically minded head, i think this will make the side stand a bit too long.

Can anyone tell me if i can adjust where the side stand is fixed

or

will actually need to worry about the side stand

or

know if an older model R6 or R1 has a shorter side stand that would fit my 07 R6. I seem to recall the 2004 R1 is a lower bike than the 07 R6.

Any advice much appreciated.

BTW - already looked into cutting and welding the existing stand, problem is they are made of monkey metal and if i weld it, the stand will crack under the R6 weight.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if you want something uber-trick, then this may be useful - i don't know where you are but they may export or have a dealer network in your location:

http://www.buynowroaringtoyz.com/Billet_Lowering_Kickstand_99_07_R6_04_06_R1_Black_p/rty555b.htm

not cheap tho.

i know when people shorten and weld their stands diy, they usually put a piece of steel up the back to reinforce it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online