Help to engine decoding for Yamaha FZ`s and FZR`s anyone???

Umek
This post is 5203 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have bought a 1988 (I think) FZ 750 that is missing the front and rear wheels + brakes, and the front forks + the tripple tree.

This will be a "bastard" streetfighter bike eventually. The bike had FZR1000 92-94 fairing, wheels and brakes.

And Im ofcourse hoping it has the engine too :)

I will go down to the shop later today to write the codes down for posting here.

I looking forward to knowing what I got, and yes of corse I got It VERY cheap ;)

Hope you guys can help me out, I have many more questions regarding the bike, but one thing at the time.

Thanks.

Regards.

Tommy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello again.

The engine numbers are:

On the block: 1FN-016757 (the same as thge VIN tag)

On the cylinders: 3GM00 1002CM3 (so at least the engine is a 1000cc ;) )

It has the EXUP valve (I think, because I found a servo motor and the exhaust has the wire conections and the valve for the exup like thing)

The engine are silver colour, and the original engine should be black I think.

I will try to post some pictures to show you what Im talking about.

I found out that the engine is a FZR1000 Exup engine from 94-95 with 145hp.

This would make a kick ass engine in my streetfighter project, so Im very thrilled about that ;)

Anyways, I have a R1 RR bike at hand, that Im looking to buy.

Plans are to use the rear wheel with brakes, the tripple tree with forks, wheel and brakes aswell.

And maby the ass too :)