Need help with these 'Bike' issues, can you answer?

Shauno
This post is 5282 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i'm looking to buy a new Yamaha Aerox R and after reading the specifications page i noticed i didnt understand some of the words used.

They talk about mazimum torque, maximum power and compression ratio and i was wondering what they mean and how they affect performance?

here is the link: http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/products/scooters/50cc/aeroxr.jsp?view=techspecs

could you please tell me if these are good specs or not, as i am planning on de-restricting and i would like to know if this bike can do 50mph?

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, I'm a firm believer in using things as they were designed to be used.

Scooters are 'pootle-about-town' devices, used for... well, pootling about town.

Messing with something can kill your resale value when you come to change bikes as half the buyers won't even touch a de-restricted vehicle.

I always advise just getting a bigger machine, if/when you can...

As for what those fancy words mean - Click here

Each tech term has a link to what the damn thing means.

As for 'how good' it is... compare it to some other similar models.

Obviously it's crap compared to a Hayabusa or a Rocket III, but fairly reasonable compared to some other scooters.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online