Deep exhaust scratches

clarke
This post is 5281 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows any options for removing deep scratches/gouges in chrome exhausts? Is it possible to fill them with anything? Not wanting to replace the exhaust as not worth it, but thought could improve cosmetic looks...

Thanks

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows any options for removing deep scratches/gouges in chrome exhausts? Is it possible to fill them with anything? Not wanting to replace the exhaust as not worth it, but thought could improve cosmetic looks...

Thanks

Graham

I remember filling the scratches in hydraulic rams(like stanchions on forks)once but i can't remember what with, was some kind of chrome sticks, they were at the place i worked. Used the oxy torch to heat them up and melt them in. Sorry i can't help anymore than that, but it was nearly 15 years ago.

Vez

maybe best to paint them to hide the marks, or maybe a metal badge slighly rolled to form round the scratches and pop riveted on, that'll make it look OEM!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online