cant get wheel to fit

craig88
This post is 5209 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone decided to join this forum as ive been looking and it seems theres a lot of clever people here and i need some help, i removed the rear wheel from my yzf 750 changed the tyre now cant get the wheel to fit again, ive looked at a diagram i have it all right it just wont fit seems about 1/4 inch to wide. anyone ever know a swing arm to bend/distort??? only just got the bike so never had wheel out before! thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

hi everyone decided to join this forum as ive been looking and it seems theres a lot of clever people here and i need some help, i removed the rear wheel from my yzf 750 changed the tyre now cant get the wheel to fit again, ive looked at a diagram i have it all right it just wont fit seems about 1/4 inch to wide. anyone ever know a swing arm to bend/distort??? only just got the bike so never had wheel out before! thanks

First off, Welcome to the forum.

My guess would be incorrect spacer positioning, maybe one is back-to-front or not seated properly. Some pictures of the problem may help. I have had a swing arm bend after a big crash, but never known one just distort.

Vez.

Like Vez has said about spacers.

Also the swing-arm can spring in or out a bit when the wheel comes off, tis fairly common.

In your case you need to seperate it a bit to allow the wheel to fit back in.

But make sure you have the wheel back togeather propper first.

Failte: to the YOC cool.gif

First off, Welcome to the forum.

My guess would be incorrect spacer positioning, maybe one is back-to-front or not seated properly. Some pictures of the problem may help.  I have had a swing arm bend after a big crash, but never known one just distort.

Vez.

hi thanks for your reply had another go today at getting it in, the spacers can only go one way because of the dust seals, they definetly seat in properly wondering if i have a wrong space the wheel was tight coming out but i just assumed it was because the bike has been stood for over a year. thanks gain

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online