YZF 600 thundercat problems

reevesy
This post is 5291 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all i had to take an alarm (meta 351a) off of a 600 thunder cat reg 1999 on friday and have a problem with the bike now.

I have been fitting car alarms as my job for the last 10 years and have done a few bikes so i know what to look for when deinstalling an alarm. I traced the wires to where the factory alarm wiring was (black wires with silver bands)i then found the 2 indicator wires, the live supply, the ignition supply and the earth and was left with 2 wires, 1 pair i tested and found to be the starter button cut and the other 2 wires 1 went from the side stand and the other went to an ecu with a mitsubishi logo on, I rejoined the starter wires and the other 2 wires and the bike will only run when the stand is down with the clutch in and stops when the clutch is out. If the stand is up the bike will start when the clutch is and run untill you put the stand down. the owner said that is is not normal but as i have not done lots of bikes i am a little unshore. Also when the ignition is on but the egie is not running the rev counter needle jumps up every now and then. I would appreciate any help you guys and girls could offer me.

Thanks very much

Mark ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.