Yamaha YBR 125 2006 wont start

daahar
This post is 5208 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there I have as stated a Yamaha ybr 126 56 plate, which now does not start

Just before christmas it was becoming increasingly hard to start the bike, I took this down to the cold weather, tucked it up over winter and now want to get her out again now the suns out (I know I am soft)

I ran the battery down trying to get it started, and now after charging the battery there is no life in the battery, this may be due to the battery as the levels were low which I topped up, but the lights come on and when I hit the starter button everything dims but no movement in the starter.

I got it to kick start before I ran the battery down, and I did get it going briefly both start and kick, I had to clean the plug before each successful kick (have replaced sparkplug tonight)

But now I cannot even get it going with kick.

This has happened before and I had to push it quite away back to my work then when I got back it started again

also it popped 2 brake light bulbs when it was running, just the brake not the side, do not know if that is important just thought I would mention it

I know how to use a spanner just not necessarily on a motorbike :? am abit annoyed this happened 2 months after its first MOT which cost me £400

any suggestions/ insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jimmy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You need to get that battery re-charged. Worst case you need a new one i'm sure the bike will be fine after that, choke on, no...or just a touch of throttle ;)

£400 for an MOT :o , thats incredible, think twice about going there again.

Now the brake lights popping, that sounds like regulator / rectifier trouble, but sort the battery first and tackle that one next if so.

You need to get that battery re-charged. Worst case you need a new one i'm sure the bike will be fine after that, choke on, no...or just a touch of throttle ;)

Hi thanks for the reply, original post wasn't clear I have recharged the battery (I am going to buy a new one tomorrow aswell and try that)

Am confused as to why that would affect the kickstart not having an effect either?

Hi thanks for the reply, original post wasn't clear I have recharged the battery (I am going to buy a new one tomorrow aswell and try that)

Am confused as to why that would affect the kickstart not having an effect either?

Nothing will work propper on your bike if you dont have a good battery,---- including trying to kickstart it. thumb.gif

id sugest checking ur electrics just make sure that the connections are on tight and that they are clean, i had a similar problem on me sachs (just electric start) i put it in a cover over winter and found that the condensation had corroded a couple of turminals so i just cleaned them and it started fine after that.

I have done but it did not give me a product code I could use for my local garage

I wanted to fix this quickly so would have preferred to pick up the battery on way home tonight

The dt125 of similar age looks the same so I might try that, if not I always have a receipt ;)

Guest MaD.VeZ

wemoto will probably have the battery to you as fast as going to a garage, usually next day when i have ordered from them in the past B)

UPDATE:

new battery in place, a few kickstarts later and starter now works, got the bike to go after some more kickstarting.

Let it warm up, took it round the block turned it off to replace the battery cover and couldnt get it to start again after that. :(

So I am wondering if it could be anything to do with the coil?

Then again I noticed the gears were reluctant to change sometimes. Bumping or kickstart lets them go free again (got trapped in neutral) So maybe something is just stiff and needs working loose again? It did feel abit reluctant moving but that might just have been me :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online