kellermann turn signal problem

petercnm
This post is 5290 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys/Girls,

i need some help here...

I installed 4 LED turnsignal indicators, and a kellermann variable load relais, which is suited for use with LED signals.

I connected the 2 back LED indicators, and the front ones still original bulbs. everything works fine.

Now connected up the front LED's: indicators are steady (left or right).

If i hook up the original bulb together with the LED: works fine.

So looks as if still the load is wrong, but all the reviews i see for this relay say all working fine.

I'm sure i connected everything the right way.

Anybody experience with this relay? I connected the ground, constant 12V and variable 12V wires from the relay.

thanks

Peter

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes, maybe...

i tried with a light bulb in parallel, and then it works. So what this kellerman relay advertises seems not to be correct.

Guess i'll add 2 resistors..

But that was what i wanted to avoid in the first place, so the money i spend for this relay was a waste. Pfff

thanks

Peter

you will need resistors mate the minute LED lightenign is involved might need 2 minimum to resolve this problem.

yes, i tried it with the bulbs.. 2 resistors will do the trick.

Just pissed at this kellerman thing. They claim it works with 4 LED blinkers. And reviews of some people say works without problems...

Probably there's a difference in LED's also.

you will need resistors mate the minute LED lightenign is involved might need 2 minimum to resolve this problem.

thats why ive only got led side light bulbs and tail light bulbs the rest is filament on my bike equals the power useage .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online