dt175mx

jebb
This post is 5291 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ideas wanted please,

my dt seems to tick over too high and whatever adjustments are made at the carb make no difference. It has a new throttle cable, running a standard airbox and I'm sure there's no air leaks. thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ideas wanted please,

my dt seems to tick over too high and whatever adjustments are made at the carb make no difference. It has a new throttle cable, running a standard airbox and I'm sure there's no air leaks. thanks

Have you set the adjustment on the new cable properly so it isn't holding the slide up?

Has it happend since the new cable or was the cable supposed to fix it?

How are you sure it has no air leaks?

Have you set the adjustment on the new cable properly so it isn't holding the slide up?

Has it happend since the new cable or was the cable supposed to fix it?

How are you sure it has no air leaks?

Hi,

I actually took off the throttle cable and started it but still the same. I suppose it must be an air leak. Cheers

Hi,

I actually took off the throttle cable and started it but still the same. I suppose it must be an air leak. Cheers

What is she idling at?

WD40 works quite well as a leak detector.

Zap all round the inlet side of the motor and see if the engine note drops.

Failing that try and spray behind the flywheel as this is another favorite leak spot on DT's, ie the left hand crank seal. When the other side gives trouble you get a lot of smoke as a rule.

What is she idling at?

WD40 works quite well as a leak detector.

Zap all round the inlet side of the motor and see if the engine note drops.

Failing that try and spray behind the flywheel as this is another favorite leak spot on DT's, ie the left hand crank seal. When the other side gives trouble you get a lot of smoke as a rule.

will do. Thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online