On holiday

Divvy_Rider
This post is 7334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya peeps.

I'm off on holiday for a week tomorrow, it will be my first "longish" ride ( going to cromer :) ) So i guess i'll find out what the bikes like on a longer run, what with all the tapping etc, (but i've been told by a pro that it's fine so i'll give it a shot) but i have full brakedown cover so it should be fine either way :)

Sadly i don't have a digi cam so i can't take any pictures (it's the next thing on my list) .

But i'll let you all know how it went when i get back.

Ahhh a week off work. Thank f**k for that :hbang

Oh and i just heard that monday and tuesday is going to be really crap weather, nevermind as long as i stay dry going there :)

Have a good week.

Catch you all later

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ADIOS Mark :D ...ya lucky dog! :wink:

What I'd give for a week long ride with No Missus, kids, etc.! :hbang

Have a safe trip & let us know how you get on with your Divvy. 8)

yeah have a good holiday mark, there's nothing like getting a week off work and doing some riding 8) let us know how you and the divvy get on :wink:

• Admin

Well im in OZ on holiday and im just looking for a bike! 8) As managed to convince the girl that bike hire will be better as its cheaper! :wink: Well until we find a sh!tty old Ford Falcon :evil:

You're in Oz?

Pay a visit to Bon's grave for me!

That's one of the places I would go to if I was touring the world you know.

Along with James Dean's grave, Route 66, and Aushwitz.

God....that makes me sound weird! :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya.

Well i'm back (got back on Saturday) Holiday was good apart from the weather, 2 days of sun shine the rest was patchy rain :( .. but never mind it's always good to get away from work for a week.

The divvy was ok, But the vibrations are a pain in the arse, so much that it kinda spoiled the ride there i wouldn't mind if it only got vibes at 4K but im getting them at 3.5K to 4.5 and most of the way there, there are speed limits of 40- 50- 60 ... going 40 is ok but at 50 im revving at around 3.5k in 6th and at 60 it around 4K.

so every 5 mins i had to keep shaking my hand to get some feeling back in it. i tried it in 5th gear but it was still getting vibes at 60mph, so i would have to ride in 4th gear but that would just be a waste of petrol and to high revs for my liking (i'm not gonna ride miles in 4th gear! :) ) .... so i have to get some thing done about that.

Also I has got a little harder to start, not just in the morning but in general i have to give it a load of revs to get it going, where i could normally just give it a little "blip" .

so all in all it's not been to good, and to top it all off, i come back from holiday, (the company i work for moved to a new warehouse while i was away) And I've been put in a new "Open plan" office, (my girlfriend works for same company) So now i'm stuck in the same office with my GF, which sucks ass, when i took the job i made sure i wasn't in the same office as her, at the old building i worked in a office upstairs and she was downstairs so we didn't have to see each other, so i thought it would be ok, and gave up my window cleaning business to work for them, i don't know if it's just me but it think it is totally taking the piss, I gave up my business for these people, if they told me i would be in the same office then i wouldn't have taken the job. so i'm very pissed off and won't take it for much longer, one way or another things are going to change, so i should get my bike serviced soon while i have some spare cash and hope that it solve the bloody vibes :)

anyway, that my rant over.

catch you later.

mark.

Welcome back Mark!

Recalling a previous post, i'm surprised you took the trip on before you had the carbs balanced! :shock:

Get them done with a service mate, you won't beleive the difference :wink:

Pay a visit to Bon's grave for me!  

That's one of the places I would go to if I was touring the world you know.

A guy I used to work with.....was in the Army, & actually took a train ride across Oz........right through the very graveyard where Bon Scott was buried 8) ......Well, it was a memerable experience @ least for him :wink:

The divvy was ok, But the vibrations are a pain in the arse, so much that it kinda spoiled the ride there i wouldn't mind if it only got vibes at 4K but im getting them at 3.5K to 4.5 and most of the way there, there are speed limits of 40- 50- 60 ... going 40 is ok  but at 50 im revving at around 3.5k in 6th and at 60 it around 4K.

so every 5 mins i had to keep shaking my hand to get some feeling back in it. i tried it in 5th gear but it was still getting vibes at 60mph, so i would have to ride in 4th gear but that would just be a waste of petrol and to high revs for my liking (i'm not gonna ride miles in 4th gear! :)  ) .... so i have to get some thing done about that.

Also I has got a little harder to start, not just in the morning but in general i have to give it a load of revs to get it going, where i could normally just give it a little "blip" .

Money On It.......that your Carbs need to be synchronized :wink:

My XJ does the same damn thing mate :roll: :D

ok well its worth a try, .. i wasn't sure because i took it to a mechanic about the ticking sounds, and while i was there i asked about cab sync, and he said it was fine, .. coz with the engine ticking over its almost solid on 1K revs, and he said that if they were out of sync the revs would flutter when idle... Come to think of it, It only started being more vibey after i saw him, He checked to see if the cam chain was tight enough, and since then it's been more vibey, ( could it be over tight ) .. but if you lot say so it's worth a try.

cheers

mark

The cam chain adjuster is spring loaded and your mechanic would have to have made a right balls-up to over tighten it :? , but if you get it serviced at a reputable dealer get them to check it out for you before they balance the carbs.

A guy I used to work with.....was in the Army, & actually took a train ride across Oz........right through the very graveyard where Bon Scott was buried 8) ......Well, it was a memerable experience @ least for him :wink:

You got good mates Scott! 8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online