FZ1 with no power

kneesparks
This post is 5307 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, Iv had my bike since sep last year and the past week its been loosing loads of power and getting worse everytime I ride it! :(:blink:

Iv checked the air filter and changed the spark plugs and put some nice Shell V-power fuel in it with an injector cleaner and it has not helped at all :blink: I was thinking its the fuel pump? The bike idles fine but when you ride and give it full throttle it just dies untill you go back to half throttle :angry:

Anyone got any ideas? Anything I can check before I take it to the shop? I need it sorted as i miss it and the good weather shold be kicking off soon with any luck B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

One thing to check/replace is the fuel filter (it's in the fuel line before going to the injectors.) That may affecting fuel delivery at higher revs.

Hi all, Iv had my bike since sep last year and the past week its been loosing loads of power and getting worse everytime I ride it! :(:blink:

Iv checked the air filter and changed the spark plugs and put some nice Shell V-power fuel in it with an injector cleaner and it has not helped at all :blink: I was thinking its the fuel pump? The bike idles fine but when you ride and give it full throttle it just dies untill you go back to half throttle :angry:

Anyone got any ideas? Anything I can check before I take it to the shop? I need it sorted as i miss it and the good weather shold be kicking off soon with any luck B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online