Smaller front mudguard for XVS 1100 A

Midlander
This post is 5295 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Forum,

I'm a new Yamaha owner so this is my first time here.

Just purchased a Yamaha XVS 1100 (Should add it's a '03 plate) A and really happy with it - although I would like to change the front mudguard to something slightly more stylish.

The previous owner has put a large wrap around mudguard on the bike and I want to change it to a smaller one - a small one that just sits on top of the front wheel similar size to a sports bike style mudguard if you know what I mean?

I was just wondering if anyone knew a decent place to buy one from? Or even what size would be required for a reasonable fit?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated of course :-)

Thanks.

P.S.

Doing a nice custom paint job on it too - I should probably just leave it as it is but I can't!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do you have a pic?

I doubt it, but the 1100 Custom model mudguard might fit the Classic you have...

Failing that, a decent workshop can always trim the existing one.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Don't think the custom mudguard will fit - I thought there might be a 'universal' one out there of the right dimensions...if not my jig saw, file and sandpaper will have to come out!

It's currently lying on the garage floor in bits ready for the custom re-spray next week, as soon as it's done I'll upload a pic or two, should look really cool once it's sprayed...then I just need some sunny days!