XS 250 carbs XS 400 bike!

pepperami
This post is 5159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I dont know if this has been done before and i missed it?

i have an XS400= 1978.

i just picked up a set of XS250 carbs of unkown year or model! they were in a box of XS250 bits (cheap)

they are in very good condition and appear to be in perfect working order and clean.

i was thinking about putting them on my XS400, as they appear to be a whole lot better than the ones i have already.

i know i will need to re-jet them, but what i want to know is what sizes? PLEASE SOMEONE :)

i have checked and i know these new cabs fit my existingcarb-mounts and air-box.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I dont know if this has been done before and i missed it?

i have an XS400= 1978.

i just picked up a set of XS250 carbs of unkown year or model! they were in a box of XS250 bits (cheap)

they are in very good condition and appear to be in perfect working order and clean.

i was thinking about putting them on my XS400, as they appear to be a whole lot better than the ones i have already.

i know i will need to re-jet them, but what i want to know is what sizes? PLEASE SOMEONE :)

i have checked and i know these new cabs fit my existingcarb-mounts and air-box.

use the search facility young man, use the search facility!!

done it for you HERE

Thank you Mr Drewpy ..... i suffer from memory retention problems... so sometimes i only have a vauge idea of what i am trying to remember :blink:

i will try and use search next time.

still i found a starting point :)

just had the carbs fully apart, and everything looks good :) , Needles, sliders, diaphrams, springs all look good and have been cleaned without damaging them :) .

going to get some new jets on Saturday..... does anybody know if i have to move the needle up a notch on thier circlip fixing?

many thanks :)

EDIT : just re-looked at thread mentioned.... seen bit about moving needle up a few notches :)

Missed a few bits when i cleaned the carbs, so i`m going to go over them again.

what i would like to know is..... is it safe to use aerosol brake cleaner to squirt out little nooks and cranies?

took the carbs to the local Yamaha dealer (Fowlers of Bury-ST-Edmunds) and between us ordered the new jets :) as sadly they did`nt have them from stock!

that gives me the week to make sure that the carbs are pin-sharp clean.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online