94 XJ600 Seca II clutch cable problem

venom00
This post is 5309 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had just changed my clutch cover gasket today and when I put it back on and together my clutch lever will now not go back into place it just stays as if Im still pulling it. Pictures below. Please help. I know this is prolly a stupid question. But Im more of a car literate guy than bike....

broken2.jpg

broken.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had just changed my clutch cover gasket today and when I put it back on and together my clutch lever will now not go back into place it just stays as if Im still pulling it. Pictures below. Please help. I know this is prolly a stupid question. But Im more of a car literate guy than bike....

broken2.jpg

broken.jpg

Oh and the spring is as tight as it can go,,,, I believe. It wont go any further.

Make sure its lined up when you put it back on, it might be spring loaded. That or the cable needs major adjusting. If it was working before you took it apart, thats about the only thing that would cause your problem.

Make sure its lined up when you put it back on, it might be spring loaded. That or the cable needs major adjusting. If it was working before you took it apart, thats about the only thing that would cause your problem.

Yea I believe it is spring loaded. It has a spring but its as far as it will go and still wont pull the cable back through.

Lined up? Do you mean when I put the shaft pictured above with the spring back into the casing. It has A thing it lines up with inside the casing and uses teeth to, Im guessing, pull the pressure plate on and off the clutch thats in it?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online