XS 250 tank decals

goodfellers
This post is 5293 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I expect this has been asked before, but does anyone know where to get the red/gold stripe that ran around the xs 250 Special tank. My local vinyl cutter/signwritter can do a rough copy from the picture on the Haynes manual but wants £150 for the artwork. I have contacted Yamaha but they wernt helpful.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I expect this has been asked before, but does anyone know where to get the red/gold stripe that ran around the xs 250 Special tank. My local vinyl cutter/signwritter can do a rough copy from the picture on the Haynes manual but wants £150 for the artwork. I have contacted Yamaha but they wernt helpful.

Thanks

try german ebay as they come up there!

sunrise graphics may have something, they made a set for me (different style)and cost £50 all in inc side panels!!

usually on the first post a little introduction would be nice

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Sorry about no introduction, I was pretty cross about losing the strips on the tank. The chap who restored the tank and resprayed it did a brilliant job but he promised that the stripes would be cheap and easy to replace. But they are not.

I got my first Yamaha XS250 Special in 1981, passed my test on it (in the days when the test was straight forward) then treated myself to an XS650 US Custom, my favorite bike ever. I have now reached early midlife (47) and wanted to buy an old US Custom to do up. Couldn't find a reasonably priced one anywhere so bought the 250 instead. I currently ride a Triumph bonneville America 2007, which isn't dissimilar to the XS650. I live in Hampshire, work on a farm, so dont get much time off, but what I do get is spent in the garage cleaning and polishing.

Nice to meet you all.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Sorry about no introduction, I was pretty cross about losing the strips on the tank. The chap who restored the tank and resprayed it did a brilliant job but he promised that the stripes would be cheap and easy to replace. But they are not.

I got my first Yamaha XS250 Special in 1981, passed my test on it (in the days when the test was straight forward) then treated myself to an XS650 US Custom, my favorite bike ever. I have now reached early midlife (47) and wanted to buy an old US Custom to do up. Couldn't find a reasonably priced one anywhere so bought the 250 instead. I currently ride a Triumph bonneville America 2007, which isn't dissimilar to the XS650. I live in Hampshire, work on a farm, so dont get much time off, but what I do get is spent in the garage cleaning and polishing.

Nice to meet you all.

get the painter to do it then!!, do you have an old picture so we can see the design?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online