How to remove restrictor kit

pablo60
This post is 5278 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone has knowledge of how to remove restrictor kit on my 2005 Fz 600, I passed my test 2 yrs ago so can't wait to get kit removed and feel the extra power. Local garages charge £50 - 60 to remove, so I thought if it wasn't to difficult I would remove myself.

Any help would be welcome.

Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I cant say for certain but its most likely to be a 'draw' type restrictor, these come in various different forms,

the 'draw' type can be found in the carb rubbers (intake side) and restrict the induction (sucking) oooer Mrs, ;)

most of them look like large washers stuck into the carb body :mellow:

I cant say for certain but its most likely to be a 'draw' type restrictor, these come in various different forms,

the 'draw' type can be found in the carb rubbers (intake side) and restrict the induction (sucking) oooer Mrs, ;)

most of them look like large washers stuck into the carb body :mellow:

My fz 600 is the injector fed model, don't know how they restricted it, I have searched internet for info but as yet.....

• 3 weeks later...

My fz 600 is the injector fed model, don't know how they restricted it, I have searched internet for info but as yet.....

Hi,

My 2005 FZ6N has a throttle limiter attached to it. The haynes manual appears to show that it might be straightforward to remove, but as yet I have not plucked up the courage to try it myself. The restrictor kit is an "Alpha Technik RJ07" but a quick google search did not turn up anything useful.

Good luck with it and if you do manage, I would be very interested to know how you got on - my dealer wants over £100 to remove it...

Cheers,

Gogs

Pablo - Your current licence shows the restriction so don't forget to get it changed and updated by DVLA or you risk a fine. It is not automatic as some people think.

You may need to check out the threads on here about 'lost' licences before you rush to send it off.

Cheers