The Day Today!

Pete
This post is 7219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had a little run about today, and stopped in the Co-op car park in Lampeter for a burger.

And what did I find parked there?

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

1956 Velo...not sure what model, but it's water cooled and shaft drive, and owned by the woman working in the Burger Van. :shock:

Anyway, carried in and was tailed by a big musclebike through about 5 miles of tight twisties.

When we reached a long straight he caught me up, and bloody hell...I've never seen anything like it! NOTHING has ever accelerated past me that fast and completely silently. Anyway we hit a load of traffic and we pulled into Llandovery together. He got off, we had a good chat, and it turned out that he was riding a demo bike from Garland & Griffiths, Haverfordwest, with a view to buying one. He then showed me the underneath on both sides....worn right down trying to stay with the XT out in the sticks. :lol:

Dai Garland's gonna be freaking out when he sees it!

Anyway...what was this bike that is a bit limited in the twisties, but is a real fucking beast in a straight line?

l3.jpg

The new Rocket 3....in real life it's even more hideous tbh.

But believe me, that thing goes like nothing I've ever seen before....in a straight line! :shock:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

With over 2 liters :shock: of power in the palm of your hand......Overtaking in a long enough straight line, should be effortless :tu

Bet that beast pulls like a Freight Train 8)

yep, ugly buggers but i bet they cant half shift :shock: wouldnt fancy hauling one round corners at much pace tbh! that velo is a rare old sight 8)

Yeh...whenever I'm near Lampeter I always stop there Alan.  

Huge Burgers!

Pr072804loaded.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: