ybr125 fuel cock

lloyd
This post is 4967 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya.

I have recently purchased a yam ybr 125. I'm from the UK and havn't done my CBT yet, so can't really ride it.

I am just looking round the bike and seeing where everything is. Did the ignition shut off test earlier.

I've downloaded the manual from there website and it mentions the fuel cock. This is a switch where you are supposed to switch the fuel from on, off and reserve.

Thing is, the manual sais its supposed to be under the seat but i cant find it anywhere. The manual also stated that it may be in different places depending which model you got. I got a standard YBR 125ED.

Is it possible my bike doesnt have one, or its automaticly done or sometihng? it's on a 57 plate.

Thanks all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it has a fuel tap you know the plastic bit just under the fuel tank on the opposite side to the one showing in the photo (nearside) that's where you will find the fuel tap

what year is the bike fuel injection started 2007 I think

had mine for 4 1/2 years carb model 05 best you identify the exact model as you will need it when it come to getting spares

good luck

PS it looks like the injection model

• 4 weeks later...

Looks exactly the same as my model of YBR (Except different decals on the panels) Same Exhaust too. From what I've noticed, the Carb versions have a full chrome exhaust (Same as the customs)

Best thing to check is: Start the bike up cold, if it's idling at around 2k, then once warm, idles down to 1,100rpm, then it's fuel injected. If not, Carbed ;)

• 1 month later...

I can help out with two pictures:

100424_11_t.jpg

The plastic is removed so you can see the knob in silver with the gas filter below of it.

The positions are just readable when you remove the knob (or the plastic)...

With plastic and in use (in front of some houses in switzerland):

100429_08_t.jpg

If the small end of the "arrow" points down, it is "normal use". If you turn it 180° you will use "reserve".

Greetings, Martin