TZR 50 wont start when wet

TZR50-Mad
This post is 5296 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My Yamaha TZR50 will not start after a spell of rain. It will run for a while but when i put it in gear and start to ride it will soon lose all power and just stop me on the side of the road, then she will start again but the same thing happens over and over again. However now the bike struggles to start at all because of constant rain shower recently. This only happens in the wet. On a dry day when the bike is dry she is lovely. Please help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you checked the electrics? just check the connections are tight and are not corroded

might just b a bit of water shorting it out.

have you checked the electrics? just check the connections are tight and are not corroded

might just b a bit of water shorting it out.

Thanks. We noticed the drain pipe that drains the water from my bike was leeking onto the wire that runs to my electrics, including the kill switch. Fingers crossed this has sorted the problem. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online